Financing Options



Federal Financial Aid


PITC – Participates in the following Federal Title IV financial aid Programs:


Federal PELL Grant Program: current Maximum of $5550.00 per 1st academic year (Based on need)


Federal Subsidized Direct Loan program: current Maximum of $3,500.00 for 1st academic year (Based on need)


Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan program: current Maximum of $2,000. for dependent students, and $6,000 for independent students for the 1st academic year.(Based upon program costs)


Federal PLUS Loan Program: - A federal program available for parents of dependent students to borrow for a son or daughter who needs additional funds (Based upon program costs, and creditworthiness of parent).


To Apply: First go to to establish an electronic signature with the US Dept. of Education. Enter school code G37813.


Once your Pin has been established, please go to to apply for Title IV assistance. For all programs beginning before July 1, 2015, it is necessary to complete the 2014-2015 FAFSA application.


New Students: Visit and complete: (1) Entrance Counseling, and (2) Sign Master Promissory Note. Download the Verification Worksheet at one of the links below (if selected), print it, complete it, and bring it to the school.


Please note that eligibility to receive Federal Title IV assistance, and the amount granted depends upon the results of the FAFSA application and federal regulations. A 2015-2016 FAFSA will need to be completed later, to determine eligibility for aid for the 2nd academic year of the Practical Nurse program.




GI Bill & Military State Tuition Programs


If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-911 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-911 GI Bill.


If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.


If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, 01-02, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.


If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-911 GI Bill benefits to you.


For further information concerning VA benefits eligibility, and to apply for benefits, please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: http:/



Other Sources of Funding


    1. Pennsylvania Careerlink:


        Who can apply?

        Unemployed (dislocated) workers.


        Where to apply?

        Visit for more information.


    2. Vocational Rehabilitation Programs (OVR)


        Who can apply?

        Persons with a disability.


        Where to Apply?

        Visit for more information.


    3. Trade Adjustment Act (TAA)


        Who can apply?

        Dislocated workers due to transfer of company to another country (NAFTA).


        Where to Apply?

        Visit for more information.


    4. Public Assistance


        Who can apply?

        Those who qualify for public assistance.


        Where to Apply?

        Visit for more information.


5. Pennsylvania Chafee Education and Training Grant Program: PHEAA administers the Pennsylvania Chafee Education and Training Grant (Chafee) Program on behalf of the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare as authorized under the Foster Care Independence Act of 1999 and amended by the Promoting Safe and Stable Families Amendments of 2001. To get more information, please click here.


    6. Financing by PITC (Payment Plans)


        Call 215-576-5650 for more information.


NOTE: Currently PITC does not participate in any Private Loan programs for educational funding. Private loans usually require a higher interest payment, and do not provide the repayment options available to students who qualify for the Federal Title IV loan programs of the Higher Education Act of 1965.  It is the goal of PITC that student loan borrowing be kept at a minimum.



Copyright © 2014 PITC Institute. All rights reserved.

PITC Institute

Tel: 215-716-7377

Fax: 215-576-5652

Address: 827 Glenside Ave., Wyncote, PA 19095

Career School offering Associates in Specialized Technology and Diploma Programs